Participants of the CA16227 action met on September 11th & 12th, 2019 in Fuerteventura’s Tech Park, to expand relations with AFRIMAC. During the meeting, the possibility to coordinate field studies in Cape Verde was considered. As the results of a textile material with repellent has obtained 100% efficiency in the Laboratory, we need to test its efficiency on a real environment. Thus, Field Studies in Cape Verde offer us an opportunity to further develop our textiles into a commercial product that can go into the market by 2020/2021.
Field studies are planned for the year 2020, in collaboration with the Government and Health Authorities of Cape Verde, as well as with entomologists and scientists of the European Action, thanks to the mediation of Afrimac.
AFRIMAC is now a consolidated International Partner of COST ACTION 16227, and there are many common goals between both organizations.
The specific objectives of AFRIMAC are:
- Analysis and identification of business opportunities in the field of water and renewable energy in Africa
- Implementation of international trade missions of a sectorial nature (water and renewable energies)
- Holding of international business meetings in the field of water and renewable energies
- Creation and structuring of working groups for the development of internationalization initiatives through a technological platform
- Dynamization of working groups for the development of internationalization initiatives through a technological platform
- Improvement of human capital and entrepreneurship promotion
- Empowering women in business areas